Please note the ARNA Research Grant will not be available in the 2012/13 financial year
The ARNA National Committee has made available a total of Au $10,000 for one or more research grants which may be awarded per annum.
To provide financial assistance to members of the Australasian Rehabilitation Nurses’ Association (ARNA) to undertake research relating to rehabilitation nursing and aimed at improving client outcomes.
The applicant must have been a financial member for a minimum of two (2) consecutive years at the time of this application.
- A grant will only be offered to fund projects with demonstrated relevance to rehabilitation nursing.
- The activities, for which the grant is obtained, should be completed within 18 months of the receipt of the grant.
- Applications must address the ARNA research grant guidelines and be received by the designated closing date. Incomplete or late applications are not considered.
- Grant recipients are required to submit a report at the conclusion of the project and a progress report after eighteen (18) months if the research is ongoing.
- Grant recipients are required to give an undertaking to submit a paper for publication in JARNA within three (3) months of the completion of the research project.
- Utilization of Funds
Funding must be used for the purposes indicated in the grant offer and detailed in the research application. The National Committee must approve any significant variations.
This grant may be used for:
Funds from this grant are not to be used for:
- salary replacement to allow the investigator to complete research project or research tasks;
- research assistant time (e.g. to collect and collate data);
- payment for services from another department e.g. health information services;
- contracting a statistician or other relevant expert;
- administrative costs (e.g.. photocopying, printing, postage);
- telecommunications costs including phone and videoconferencing;
- travel and accommodation costs for the purpose of data collection; or
- information technology resources e.g. statistical programs.
- attendance at conferences;
- purchase of computers or other information technology equipment (hardware);
- insurance costs; or
- reimbursement of previous costs.
- Grants not taken up within three months of advice of the award will lapse unless the National Committee approves an application showing good cause for an extension, within that three-month period. Approvals are not automatic and will only be given in extenuating circumstances.
- Grants are awarded for an eighteen-month period from the date of transfer of the funds to the relevant cost-centre. The National Committee may grant extensions of time for the completion of the research. Applications for extensions of time must be made to the National Committee before the end of the funding period.
- The National Committee may recover Grant monies not expended at the end of the funding period (eighteen months) unless an extension of time has been granted.
- Regardless of the circumstances, any grant not taken up will lapse on 30th June of the year in which the grant is awarded.
- Acknowledgment of Funding
The funding support of the Australasian Rehabilitation Nurses Association must be acknowledged in all publications, presentations etc. resulting from research funded by the ARNA Inc.
- Submission of Application
Using the Guidelines for Research Grant Application (link to PDF documentation is below), submit application as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email header, state "ARNA Research Grant Application"
Assessment of the applications will be undertaken by the Education and Research Sub Committee within one (1) month of the closing date for applications. When necessary research expertise is co-opted to assist with this process. External peer review may be undertaken. Recommendations are made to the National Committee of ARNA Inc. The decision of the National Committee is final.
Successful applications will be announced at the ARNA Annual General Meeting
Closing Date for applications: 30th June annually, when reserch grant funds are available.
Download Guidelines for Research Grant Application
Australian Rehabilitation Nurses Association Inc
PO Box 193, Surrey Hills Vic 3127
Telephone: 03 9895 4483
Registered Number Y 1715820
Back to Top